Key patient messages to all the patients of Kenton Clinic
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact Kenton Clinic is different at the moment. Appointments are being delivered face-to-face, online and over the telephone.
- Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients, but you may be asked to discuss your conditions over the phone or online first to assess what would be most appropriate for you.
- In addition to face-to-face consultations, many GP practices are offering consultations online or over the phone. This can be a convenient and flexible way to receive healthcare but if you would prefer to see a GP or healthcare professional in person then this will be arranged for you.
Four ways to seek healthcare advice from a GP
- Call your surgery to discuss a face-to-face or virtual (telephone or video) appointment
- Visit your GP surgery website and complete a confidential online form to receive a response before the end of the next working day
- Call NHS 111 or go online to seek advice https://111.nhs.uk/
- Download the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions, book appointments and check your symptoms
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment.
This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.
Kenton Clinic is open please ring us on 020 8204 2255 or visit our website
You can also call NHS 111. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment.
If you are waiting for a check-up, please be assured we will be in touch.
If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering. Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery.